Terms and Conditions
Once your order has been processed, you will receive a confirmation email. Should you not receive such, it is the responsibility of the customer to inform COPENHAGEN CARD about this via [email protected] . Please remember to check your spam folder.
When the purchase has been confirmed, it is subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Your reservation has been made with COPENHAGEN CARD, which is part of Wonderful Copenhagen. By confirming your purchase, you are therewith entering into a contract with us.
- Unless otherwise stated, the full amount will be withdrawn from the provided credit card, or an invoice will be sent as soon as the purchase has been completed.
Please note that the opening hours for attractions may change due to seasonality. We encourage you to visit the attraction’s website for updated opening hours and dates. Many attractions are closed on Mondays and on public holidays.
COPENHAGEN CARD – DISCOVER includes:
- Free access to more than 80 museums and attractions.
- Free public transportation with bus, train, harbour bus and metro in the Capital Region (zone 1-99).
- An adult can bring two children (0-11 years old) for free. Children between the ages of 3-11 must have a free COPENHAGEN CARD DISCOVER - KIDS (max. two per adult).
- COPENHAGEN CARD DISCOVER does NOT give access to the Hop on Hop off-buses.
COPENHAGEN CARD – HOP includes:
- Free access to more than 40 museums and attractions
- Free access to the Hop On - Hop Off buses by Stromma
- An adult can bring two children (0-11 years old) for free. Children between the ages of 3-11 must have a free COPENHAGEN CARD HOP - KIDS (max. two per adult).
- COPENHAGEN CARD - HOP does NOT give access to public transportation
How to retrieve and activate your cards
COPENHAGEN CARD(s) can be purchased directly in the COPENHAGEN CARD app "COPENHAGEN CARD City Guide”. Alternatively, they can be pre-ordered on copenhagencard.com and redeemed in the app.
Activation and usage
COPENHAGEN CARD is activated in the app COPENHAGEN CARD. Once the card is activated the time is counting. It is not possible to pause an activated card.
You must always keep your COPENHAGEN CARD on you and be ready to show it upon request. The COPENHAGEN CARD should always be shown when getting on a bus, whilst on train and bus it should only be shown upon request from a ticket inspector. It is the cardholder's responsibility that the COPENHAGEN CARD is valid throughout their entire journey - a fine may be issued if the card expires while on public transport.
Wonderful Copenhagen cannot be held responsible if the cardholder activates the card incorrectly. Please note that the COPENHAGEN CARD is subject to periodic inspections, and that a fine is issued for buses, trains and the metro if the card is not activated correctly.
The card entitles the holder to one visit per attraction regardless of the card type. Meaning, re-visits are not possible. You can use your card as much as you like during its time of validity.
Refund and exchange
Should you not have the possibility to redeem your card(s) within the given validity period, we offer a full refund within six months from the date of the purchase.
If your COPENHAGEN CARD is about to expire and you do not have the possibility to redeem the card, nor can you claim a full refund due to the six months having passed, you can get your card exchanged to a new one with a longer expiration date. It can be exchanged within one year from the date of the purchase. In this case, please contact COPENHAGEN CARD on [email protected].
Cards that have been activated and used to enter attractions/public transportation can under no circumstances be canceled and/or refunded.
A COPENHAGEN CARD can be refunded within 6 months from date of purchase
A COPENHAGEN CARD can be exchanged within 12 months from date of purchase
A COPENHAGEN CARD is valid for activation and use within 24 months from date of purchase.
Wonderful Copenhagen does not offer refunds or compensation in the following cases:
- On digital cards if your smartphone runs out of battery or somehow stops working.
- If you haven't activated your COPENHAGEN CARD and you receive a fine in public transport.
- We don't compensate for transport or other expenses in case your COPENHAGEN CARD is not activated or in case the app isn't working. Always make sure your phone and app is working before entering public transport.
- On cards that have already been used to enter attractions and/or public transportation.
Please be aware that it is only possible to return and exchange unredeemed cards bought through our website copenhagencard.com. If your purchase is made at one of our sales points, please contact the sales point directly. All orders made through a third party agent can solely be managed through the agent.
Lost or stolen card?
COPENHAGEN CARD and Wonderful Copenhagen cannot be held responsible for lost or stolen cards and do not offer complementary card in any case,
You are not allowed to use screenshots of a COPENHAGEN CARD. The Card must always be presented through the app.
The COPENHAGEN CARD provides the following opportunities for disabled individuals:
- A disabled adult (16+) holding a COPENHAGEN CARD for an adult can free of charge bring an attendant.
- A disabled child (12-15 years old) who has a COPENHAGEN CARD for JUNIOR can free of charge bring an attendant.
In both cases, it applies to the included museums and attractions as well as public transport.
Remember to bring your disability ID or legal documents in English explaining the need of having an attendant.