Once your order has been processed, you will receive a confirmation email. Should you not receive such, it is the responsibility of the customer to inform Copenhagen Card about this via email@example.com . Remember to check your spam folder.
When the purchase has been confirmed, it is subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Your reservation has been made with Copenhagen Card, which is part of Wonderful Copenhagen. By confirming your purchase, you are therewith entering into a contract with us.
- Unless otherwise stated, the full amount will be withdrawn from the provided credit card, or an invoice will be sent as soon as the purchase has been completed. This includes shipping expenses, if the cards are to be sent by post.
Please note that the opening hours for attractions may change due to seasonality. We encourage you to visit the attraction’s website for updated opening hours and dates. Many attractions are closed on Mondays and on public holidays.
Copenhagen Card includes:
- Free access to more than 80 museums and attractions.
- Free public transportation with bus, train, and metro in the Capital Region (zone 1-99).
- An extensive guide with descriptions of all attractions, museums, and discount locations.
- Two children (0-9 years) are included for free on an adult card.
How to retrieve and activate your cards
The physical Copenhagen Cards can be sent to you via post or sent as a voucher per email for you to collect them upon arrival. You can redeem the cards by presenting your voucher at respectively:
- Copenhagen Visitor Service. Vesterbrogade 4, København V (across the main entrance to Tivoli).
- Tivoli Box Office.
- Copenhagen Info at the Copenhagen Central Station.
If you decide to have the cards sent to your home address, they will not be valid until activated by you. Meaning, you can easily order the card prior to your stay and even decide to use it at another time (before the expiration date) should your plans change or your visit to Copenhagen be cancelled.
If you would rather have a digital Copenhagen Card on your smartphone, the digital cards can be purchased directly in the Copenhagen Card app "Copenhagen Card City Guide”. Alternatively, they can be preordered on copenhagencard.com.
Activation and usage
The card is activated the first time it is scanned at an attraction or on public transportation. The following requirements must be met in order for your Copenhagen Card to be valid:
- The first day of validity must be written on the card.
- The starting time (first full hour) must be written on the card.
- The above must be done either upon entering the first attraction or before getting on the bus, train or metro.
Please note, that if you have received a voucher per email this is not your ticket, and it is not valid until it has been exchanged for physical Copenhagen Cards.
You must always keep your Copenhagen Card on you and be ready to show it upon request. The Copenhagen Card should always be shown when getting on a bus, whilst on train and bus it should only be shown upon request from a ticket inspector.
Wonderful Copenhagen cannot be held responsible if the cardholder registers the date or time incorrectly. Please note that the Copenhagen Card is subject to periodic inspections, and that a fine is issued for buses, trains and the metro if the card is not filled in correctly. Please make sure that the date and time are written correctly on the card. A card with crossed out, corrected or illegible data is not valid, can no longer be used, and cannot be exchanged.
The card entitles the holder to one visit per attraction regardless of the card type. Meaning, re-visits are not possible. You can use your card as much as you like during its time of validity.
Refund and exchange
Should you not have the possibility to redeem your card(s) within the given validity period, we offer a full refund within six months from the date of the purchase.
If your Copenhagen Card is about to expire and you do not have the possibility to redeem the card, nor can you claim a full refund due to the six months having passed, you can get your card exchanged to a new one with a longer expiration date. It can be exchanged within two years from the date of the purchase. In this case, please contact Copenhagen Card on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wonderful Copenhagen does not offer refunds or compensation in the following cases:
- On digital cards if your smartphone runs out of battery or somehow stops working.
- On redeemed vouchers.
Please be aware that it is only possible to return and exchange unredeemed cards and vouchers bought on our website copenhagencard.com. If your purchase is made at one of our sales points, please contact the sales point directly.
Lost or stolen card?
If a card is lost or stolen, Wonderful Copenhagen offers a free replacement card once. However, this only applies to customers who have bought their card online via copenhagencard.com.
Replacement cards cannot be offered for Copenhagen Cards purchased on a site other than copenhagencard.com.
Replacement cards can be obtained from Copenhagen Visitor Service, Vesterbrogade 4B, upon presentation of the order confirmation.
The Copenhagen Card provides the following opportunities for disabled individuals:
- A disabled adult (16+) holding a Copenhagen Card for an adult can free of charge bring an attendant (adult or child).
- A disabled child (10-15 years old) who has a Copenhagen Card for a child can free of charge bring an attendant (adult or child).
In both cases, it applies to the included museums and attractions as well as public transport.
Remember to bring your Disability ID or legal documents in English explaining the need of having an attendant.