Esrum Abbey and Møllegård
Explore a hidden piece of Danish History at Esrum Abbey, founded in 1151 by the Cistercian Order and once amongst the largest and most powerful abbeys in Northern Europe. At present Esrum Abbey is an open attraction where you can enjoy the beauty of the natural scenery and indulge in 800 years of captivating history.
History, food & fun - all year long
There is always a reason to visit the Abbey, no matter the season. On the meadows around the abbey you can find installations and microscopes with a look back to the past as well as visualization signs that show the greatness of the abbey in the Middle Ages. Immerse yourselves in the Middle Ages with younglings on the outdoor playground and the kids’ barn. In the delicacy-filled abbey shop you can enjoy the cake of the day and delicious abbey beer from draft under the rustic vaults in the abbey cellar or amongst the herbs in the abbey garden. You can also eat and drink as kings in the charming abbey Cellars, or enjoy a lunch with a view of the abbey in the Café on the Mill.
At the heart of the new national park, and at the gates to Gribskov, Esrum Abbey is a premier choice as the point of departure for nature hikes.
Special Events in 2018
• Beer festival March 9th - 10th
• Esrum Medieval Days June 16th - 17th
• Harvest Festival August 18th - 19th
• Christmas Market November 30th and December 1st – 2nd
• Man-Abbey-Landscape - grand opening of a new exhibition in spring 2018
• Faith, Power & Chaos - a game about the reformation
• Holidays at the Abbey – winter, Easter, summer and autumn breaks for children
• Lazy Sunday – brunch inspired from the Middle Ages every second Sunday in the Abbey Cellars
• Great Cake Table – indulge in historical cakes every second Sunday in the Abbey Cellars
• Abbey Kitchen – unpretentious dinners every second Thursday in the Abbey Cellars
You can see more about what we have to offer on www.esrum.dk
Saturday - Sunday 11:00 - 17:00
FROM 26 MARCH
Tuesday - Sunday 11:00 - 17:00